If you want to get close to nature this summer, look no further than a range of events in Ipswich parks that will tick both the fun and learning boxes.
Ipswich Borough Council’s Rangers team are putting on the following family-based activities. So, what are you waiting for?
The “magnificent seven” are:
1. Scales and Tails on 1st August between 11am and 12.30pm at Bixley Heath. A great opportunity to see and touch a huge array of exotic reptiles. £2 per adult and £1 per child.
2. Mini Beast Hunt on 8th August between 10am and noon in Christchurch Park. Come and be a detective and search for bugs and beasties. Complete a little project on your favourite creature at the end. £2 per child.
3. Park in the Dark on 9th August between 8pm and 9.30pm in Christchurch Park. Join the Rangers to discover the nocturnal wildlife living in Christchurch Park. £2 per adult and £1 per child
4. Creature Feature on 14th August between 10am and 4pm in Christchurch Park. A great chance to meet a wide range of exotic reptile species. £2 per adult and £1 per child
5. Park in the Dark on 16th August between 8pm and 9.30pm in Chantry Park. Join the Rangers to discover the nocturnal wildlife living in Chantry Park. £2 per adult and £1 per child.
6. Pond Dipping on 17th August between 11am and noon in Holywells Park. Come and use a net to see what creatures patrol the depths of the ponds in Holywells Park. £2 per adult and £1 per child.
7. Mini Beast Safari on Thursday 22nd August between 1pm and 2.30pm in Chantry Park. Hunt down some mini beasts in the meadow at Chantry Park and study them like a mad scientist! £2 per adult and £1per child.
All events need to be booked in advance on 01473 433994.