There are just days to go until the gates open for the 2016 Suffolk Show, and with an action packed programme set to please visitors, organisers have shared their top ten new things to enjoy at this year’s show.
1. Visit the first ever Tourism Village and step back in time on board a replica Anglo Saxon boat
2. Cheer on horses and their riders from four different disciplines competing in the brand new Equestrian Challenge relay
3. Sample delicious food and drink from up and coming artisan food producers at the new Tastes of Anglia Showcase
4. Get set and go… to the Sports Village and try out new activities and challenges, including foot golf, zorb football and an Olympic-themed challenge for families
5. Learn more about traditional skills in the new Countryside Area and see a chainsaw carver in action
6. Browse around the Luxury Lifestyle Pavilion and enjoy a stroll through a new bespoke garden walk showcasing the latest in garden design
7. Take a trip down memory lane with Glasswells’ 70th anniversary ‘Furniture and Flowers through the Decades’ display
8. Challenge the family and have a go at one of the new village fete games
9. Relax at the first day after party in Aspalls’ new Waddlegoose catering area and enjoy an Abba tribute band
10. Follow the Pigs Gone Wild trail around the showground and see how many you can find
“We are incredibly excited to have so many new attractions at the show this year.” commented Suffolk Show Director, Bill Baker, “There is something at the show for everyone and we look forward to welcoming visitors over the two days to enjoy all the attractions and competitions as well as the food, fashion, agriculture and entertainment on offer.”
An average of 86,000 visitors flock to the two-day event every year, a highlight of the Suffolk calendar, which truly offers something for everyone. Supported by over 300 volunteer stewards, the aim of show is to promote everything the countryside has to offer and its importance to the Suffolk economy.
Tickets for this year’s Suffolk Show, which takes place on Wednesday, June 1 and Thursday, June 2, are now on sale. Discounted tickets are available until midnight on Tuesday 31st May – save up to £6 per ticket by purchasing in advance. Children aged 15 and under will receive free entry. For more information visit: www.suffolkshow.co.uk .