Locked-down Brits will become ‘super human’ and self-improve during isolation – with plans to learn a language or instrument, master DIY, paint a picture or write a novel.
A poll of 2,000 adults found six in 10 are planning – or have already started – to improve themselves while house-bound.
Among the intentions are taking an online university course, mastering painting, and learning new CAD or online design packages.
Other things on the to-do list include yoga, tidying the garden, researching the family tree, studying history – or teaching themselves a skill such as knitting.
A spokesman for Lottoland, which commissioned the research, said: “There are lots of positives to an enforced time spent indoors.
“During this unusual time, it would be so easy to give in to the bad mood, worry all day, and focus on all the things you can’t do.
“Instead, as this research clearly indicates, many adults are choosing to use the time wisely, and in a really encouraging way.”
TOP WAYS BRITS INTEND TO ‘HOME IMPROVE’
1. Learn to cook / bake
2. Work out at home every day
3. Learn a language
4. Go on a diet
6. Learn to grow vegetables
7. Learn to garden
8. Family tree research
9. Master an instrument
10. Take an online university course
11. Learn to draw properly
12. Read up on English history
13. Learn to play new board games
14. Learn to Facetime/video chat
15. Learn how to cut your own hair
16. Learn how to use mindfulness apps
17. Take on expert level jigsaw puzzles
18. Learn how to use social media apps such as Snapchat or House Party
19. Learn how to do press ups
20. Learn a coding / programming package like Scratch or Python
21. Work out how to manage finances online
22. Master painting/watercolours
23. Learn to write a novel
24. Learn how to upload YouTube videos
25. Learn to colour in properly
26. Learn how to run a small business
27. Learn how to knit
28. Learn to crochet
29. Learn how to sew
30. Learn how to make podcasts
31. Learn how to play kid’s computer games
32. Learn an online design / CAD package
33. Learn higher maths
34. Learn to type
35. Learn to make cocktails / certain drinks
36. Learn how to use a drill
37. Learn to sing
39. Learn how to do keepie uppies
40. Learn how to change a car tyre
Lottoland allows players to bet on lotteries from around the world, from the comfort of their own homes, via www.lottoland.co.uk.